Microsoft SharePoint 2013:Managing Community sites
Managing Community sites
Previously, we have created a Community site, take a look on how to do it at the following page - Creating Community sites.
After creating a Community site you can manage members of this site, categories, discussions and other settings.
If you have chosen create unique permissions for the site while creating a new group Moderators will be created on this site. This permission level allows users to view, add, update, delete, and moderate list items. Regular member are not allowed to manage categories and member`s items.
On the Members page you can see all the members in the community sorted alphabetically. You can assign badges to members and filter the view by top contributors, new members and change sorting to Z-A view. Additionally you can view the information about members like their reputation. The more that a community member contributes, the higher his reputation.
Community Tools provide administrators with links to manage discussion, create categories and badges, assign badges to members, and configure, reputation settings and community settings.
You can also find the links to these tools on the Site Settings page.
On the Community Settings page you can to allow users to report offensive content by turning on Reporting of offensive content option.
On the community Reputation Settings page you can:
- Configure ratings for this community and choose voting type.
- Specify the point values for users` activities.
- Specify the number of points required for members to reach each achievement level.
- Specify whether achievement levels are represented as a series of boxes or as a textual title and modify the titles of the levels.
Creating categories and discussions
- Navigate to the Community site and click on Create categories link.
- On the Categories page click new item.
- Specify the name and description for your new category.
- In the Category Picture you can enter the URL of an image stored on your SharePoint site. To find the URL you need to:
- Enter the URL and click on Click here to test link to verify it.
- Enter the description into Type the description field.
- Click on Save.
- Go to the Community site home page and click on the new discussion link.
- Enter the subject for your new discussion.
- Add content to the body of discussion.
- Specify the category for this new discussion.
- Click on Save.
- On the Quick Launch, click Categories and hover over your new categories` tile. The number of discussions is 1 now.